"Using Your Mail List" Category: Email Manage Help Details - Webs-a-gogo Online Training System (OTS)
Help Category: Email Manage |
Help ItemNo: 1014091508
Help Details: Using Your Mail List
From the webmail interface log in to the list owner's email account. NOTE: Emails to a list may only be sent from the list owner's email account.
From the webmail mailbox click the New link to compose a new message.
On the New Message page enter the necessary List information as shown into the addressing fields.
(1) TO:Enter theList Address in the TO... line. Example: If your list is named Clients, then enter this: firstname.lastname@example.org
(2) SUBJECT:In the Subject Line, you must first enter the password you assigned for the list when you created it surrounded by characters [: :] These are a square bracket, colon, password, colon, square bracket. Example: [:password:]. Then, enter the regular Subject of the email. DO NOT USE A LEADING SPACE AFTER THE PASSWORD.
(3) BODY: Enter the body of the email as normal with any text formatting and pics you like. NOTE: While this example is done by using your web-based email, you can also send messages to your list using a Mail Client such as Outlook Express or Microsoft Outlook. This way, you can create more colorful and better designed emails using programs like Word or Word Perfect , or any other word processor.
(4) Click the Send button
This is a sample of what the list recipient sees:
(1) The From: block contains the list owner's info.
(2) The To: block contains the list email address.
Every member on the list receives the same message.